Wednesday 14 March 2012

Whips and chains etc...

The build of the boat progresses, it's looking like it'll be completed in around three weeks. That takes us into Easter and moving it around then, which is all a bit of a faff with booking time off work and finding crew. Ah well, such is life.



In the mean time, to prepare, I've been picking up some new-boaty-essentials, including ropes, and anchor with warp and chain, a VHF and Ship Portable licence, plus lots of other bits and bobs. I've had to top up my camping supplies too, for camping on an empty boat. The folks are snowed under with little parcels arriving... :)


Boat3 still doesn't have a name at the moment, but I'm going to need to think of one sometime soon, as the builder is sending me the Annex IIIa declaration which I can use to license it for the first time. I'm still quite liking the suggestion of 'Instigator', it does say a lot... ;)

PC

No comments:

Post a Comment